MLD Grumman Tracker, PBM-5A Mariner
A lot of "Stoef" for your money as the Tracker was often called at the MLD, supplemented with a pair of Mariners.
Grumman S2F-1 Tracker MLD – Hasegawa/Revell
- 149 MLD 1960 delivery scheme, not accepted
- 159 MLD VSQ 320 NAS Valkenburg 1970 drone towing
- 166 MLD VSQ 320 NAS Valkenburg 1970
- 160 MLD VSQ 4 Hr.Ms. Karel Doorman 1962
- 153 MLD VSQ 4 NAS Valkenburg. 1970
- 181 MLD Dutch Antilles Hato 1961
- 182 MLD Dutch Antilles 1961 grey scheme
Martin PBM-5A Mariner 16-308 VSQ 321 Biak 1955 – Hasegawa/Revell
Martin PBM-5A Mariner 16-306 VSQ 321 Biak 1959 – Hasegawa/Revell
In principle, you can put together 1 aircraft with the set, but the set offers you all the possibilities in terms of registration. With the Revell kit you can do a bit more but see if you can purchase it again. The Hasegawa is still available but is expensive especially for such an old model. I have not been able to find the Martin so quickly.
The set offers a good opportunity for a nice buildup of your model collection. I like the grey HATO Tracker based on Curaçao.
Thanks to Dutch Decal for making it available for review.
Reviewer : Fred Bachofner
TIP: check out our NedMil information pages about these Dutch used military aircraft....
this article was published Summer 2022 by M. de Vreeze